A wheel spacer improves the handling and performance of your vehicle. If you don’t upgrade your wheel spacers, you may face issues with your car’s suspension system.
The best wheel spacers for dodge ram 1500 will ensure appropriate clearance between the wheels and the hub. They also prevent contact with the tire and wheel to avoid bending wheels and broken lugs.
Moreover, spacers provide an extra layer of protection against corrosion. Even after months without use, these will still be good as new.
And don’t worry about needing a large space to store your wheel spacer. You might need them anywhere, so take them with you on road trips or keep extras in your car’s trunk.
A Comparison Chart of the Best Wheel Spacers for Dodge Ram 1500
|Product||Editor’s Choice||Compatible Vehicles||Specification|
|Supreme Suspensions Hub Centric Wheel Spacers||Premium Pick||2012-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD 4WD||Thickness: 1.5 Inches|
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 5.5″ (5 x 139.7mm)
Studs: M14 x 1.5
Center Bore: 77.8mm
Note: Must re-torque the nuts every 100 miles
|DCVAMOUS 5x5.5 Wheel Spacers 2 Inch||Best Value||2002-2010 RAM 1500 2011-2014 RAM 1500(Only vehicles with 9/16″ lugs) 2005-2011 Dakota 2004-2009 Durango||Thickness: 2 inch / 50mm|
Bolt pattern: 5×5.5 / 5×139.7
Thread size: 9/16″-18
Center bore: 4.25 inch / 108mm
Note: Need to re-torque the lug nuts every 100 miles.
|Flycle Forged Wheel Spacers||Most Affordable||2012-2018 Ram 1500 2019-2021 Classic Ram 1500||Thickness: 2 inch|
Bolt Pattern: 5×5.5″ (5×139.7mm)
Center bore: 108mm
Thread Pitch: 14×1.5
Note: After driving 20-60 miles, tighten the lug nuts again after 2,000 to 3,000 miles.
Richeer 5x5.5 Forged Wheel Spacers
|Affordable||2012-2018 Ram 1500||Thickness: 2 inch (50.8mm)|
Bolt Pattern: 5×5.5″ (5×139.7mm)
Center bore: 108mmThread Pitch: 14×1.5
Note: Re-torque the nuts after 50-100 miles, and again after 2000-3000 miles.
RockTrix 4pc Wheel Spacers
|Average Value||Ford F100, F150, E100, E150 Bronco Jeep CJ3, CJ5, CJ6, CJ7 Scrambler||Thickness: 2.0 inches (50mm)|
Bolt Pattern: 5×139.7 or 5×5.5
Center bore: 108mm
Stud/Nut Thread Pitch: 1/2″x20
Note: Check and re-torque your hardware after 25-50 miles.
5 Best Wheel Spacers for Dodge Ram 1500: A Complete Buying Guide
Wheel Spacers are not easy to choose. You need to do a lot of work, researching, and studying before you can select the best one. But here I have tried to lessen your burden. I researched a lot on various different manufacturers and came up with the list of the top 5 Wheel Spacers for your Dodge Ram 1500.
1. Supreme Suspensions Hub Centric Wheel Spacers – Fit for 2012-2018 dodge ram 1500 2wd and 4wd trucks
You might want to add a more aggressive, off-road look to your truck. Or maybe you just need some extra room to fit bigger tires. Either way, supreme suspension wheel spacers are the best solution for you.
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2012 - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD / 4WD. *Does NOT fit models with DUALLY setup. Please verify fitment compatibility prior to ordering.
- CONTENTS: (4x) T6 Billet Aluminum Hub Centric Wheel Spacers, (4x) T6 Billet Aluminum Tire Valve Stem Caps, Installation Hardware, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
This spacer fits all 2012-2018 dodge ram 1500 2wd and 4wd trucks. Installation is also quite easy. You just need to use a torque wrench to make sure the hardware is tight enough.
They are made of aerospace grade aluminum and these add-on parts are both lightweight and provide a long life. They are hydraulically pre-pressed studs that ensure no vibrations when driving.
With supreme suspension wheel spacers, you can be sure that your rims will fit perfectly on your truck. With a 1.5 inch thickness and a 5×5.5 bolt pattern, these spacers can boost your truck’s performance by providing more stability and better grip.
You need to cut studs on some models so that they can pass through the wheel. When they make sure proper stability, this is not a big deal.
You most like its 35,000 psi yield strength. The spacers fit every application expertly because they are precisely machined.
Note: Every 100 miles, you need to re-torque the nuts.
What I like:
- Stretches wheel position 1.5 inches outward
- Lightweight aerospace-grade aluminum alloy and durable
- Hydraulically pressed studs for better grip and stability
- Can be installed quickly
What I don’t like:
- Need to cut the studs on some models
- Torque wrench required for proper tightening
2. DCVAMOUS 5×5.5 Wheel Spacers 2 Inch – Ideal for 2002-2010 RAM 1500
This is another great set of 5×5.5 inch wheel spacers for Dodge Ram 1500 truck models made by DCVAMOUS. These wheel spacers are another great choice for you to give your Dodge Ram 1500 a wider track width without having to break the bank.
- 【2" Thick Wheel Spacers】Give your vehicle that aggressive stance, eliminate rubbing, mount a larger wheel or tire, clear breaks or struts. They also increase your vehicles handling performance due to adding trek and width to your stance.
- 【5x5.5/5x139.7 Wheel Spacers Compatible with Ram 1500】Perfect fitment: 2002-2010 R-A-M 1500, 2005-2011 Dakota, 2004-2009 Durango
The wheel spacers allow the vehicle to be raised off the ground and they also provide a wide stance.
These wheel spacers are compatible with Dodge RAM 1500. They are also ideal for 2002-2010 RAM 1500, 2004-2009 Durango, and 2005-2011 Dakota. These tools are only supported for 2011-2014 RAM 1500 models with 9/16 inches lugs only.
They help to get rid of friction and clear struts or breaks. You can mount a larger wheel to get rid of that worn look or make room for a big brake kit.
These parts are made of aerospace aluminum alloy, which ensures longevity. In addition, the surface is hardened by oxidation and treated with T6. Precision CNC machining was done to attain this result.
You don’t need to buy additional tools for installation because it comes with a complete kit such as grade 10.9 studs and lug nuts.
Note: It is advisable to re-torque the nuts every 100 miles.
What I like:
- Made of aerospace high grade aluminum alloy
- Anodic Oxidation finish
- Friction free and clear struts or breaks
- Comes with a complete installation kit
What I don’t like:
- Professional installation required
- Manual lug nut tightening
3. Flycle Forged Wheel Spacers – Compatible with the 2012 – 2018 Ram 1500
These 2 inch forged wheel spacers are perfect for you looking for an affordable way to increase your vehicle’s handling performance.
- 【Wheel Spacer Parameter】--- 2 inch (50.8mm) Thickness | 5x5.5" (5x139.7mm) Bolt Pattern | 108mm Center Bore | 14x1.5 Thread Pitch.
- 【What You Can Get】--- 4pcs 5x139.7mm wheel spacers, 2x high strength thread-locking, 2x user manual.
These wheel adapters are compatible with the 2012 – 2018 Ram 1500. These wheel adapters will only fit on 2019-2021 Ram 1500 Classics with 5 Lugs.
In order to enhance the hardness and corrosion resistance of the tools, they are forged from aluminum alloy (6060-T6), and the surface of each product is oxidized.
The adapter uses high-quality 12.9 class studs that are thermally processed to ensure durability. The hardness of the studs and 2x thread-locking nuts provide a safe driving experience.
You will experience safe driving since they have 14×1.5mm studs and 2x thread-locking.
Each product is manufactured using CNC automatic processing technology so that it can be perfectly integrated into your car. Furthermore, you can also make your vehicle look better and last longer.
Note: Make sure that you re-torque all of the lug nuts after you have driven 20-60 miles, then again after you have driven 2000-3000 miles.
What I like:
- Affordable wheel spacers
- Made of aluminum alloy (6060-T6)
- The surface of each product is oxidized
- Equipped with 2x thread-locking nuts
What I don’t like:
- Need a professional installer
- Need manual screwdrivers
4. Richeer 5×5.5 Forged Wheel Spacers – Designed for 2012-2018 Ram 1500
Richeer Wheel Spacers are a durable and reliable solution to get the perfect alignment of your tires.
2 Inch Wheel Spacers for Dodge Ram 1500
- 4PCS 2" (50.8mm) Thickness | 5x5.5" (5x139.7mm) Bolt Pattern | 108mm Center Bore | 14x1.5 Threaded Studs/Nuts
- PACKAGE INCLUDES:4 x wheel spacers (2" per unit),2x high strength thread-locking (red),2x user manual.
These adapters are compatible with the 2012-2018 Ram 1500 and it really makes your vehicle look nice. If you want your wheel to move outward up to 2 inches, then, thos wheel spacer is the best option.
The forged 6061 aluminum alloy material prevents rusting and deformation during use. In addition, it gives you total dependability, whether it’s in an extreme driving situation or commuting around town with the subwoofers blaring!
This tool has been CNC automatically processed, so it is able to achieve high precision in installation and to drive it with great stability.
The manufacturer provides 12.9 grade heat treated studs that have been pre-installed and are high-quality for maximum durability and strength.
These high quality studs are pre-installed and heat treated for maximum durability and strength.
The Richeer brand provides a 2 year warranty on material defects. Further, the company offers two years warranty service from the date of purchase.
Note: It is important that you re-touque the lug nuts after you have traveled 50-100 miles, and again every 2000-3000 miles.
What I like:
- Support for 2012-2018 Ram 1500
- High quality lightweight aluminum alloy material
- 12.9 heat treatment studs
- Anti-rusting and deformation in high temperatures
What I don’t like:
- Can’t use an impact wrench
5. RockTrix 4pc Wheel Spacers – increase off-road stability and compatible with several models
The RockTrixx Wheel Spacers are perfect for those looking to increase off-road stability.
They provide extra clearance for mounting wider or larger rims, tires, and wheels. This also fixes gaps between the vehicle’s body and tire as well as clearance issues with shocks, brake calipers and other components.
- [FITMENT] Vehicle must have 5/4.5" (5/114.3) bolt pattern, 71.5mm Centerbore, and have 1/2"-20 wheel studs. Compatible with Jeep 1980-2001 Cherokee XJ, 1993-1998 Grand Cherokee ZJ, 1987-2006 Wrangler YJ TJ, 2002-2013 Liberty KJ KK, 1986-1992 Comanche MJ. See Description section for important information.
- [SPECIFICATIONS] Set of 4 - Silver Spacers | 1.5" (38mm) Thickness | 5x4.5" (5x114.3) Bolt Pattern | 71.5mm Hub Bore | 1/2"x20 Threaded Studs/Nuts.
These spacers help reduce wheel & bumper gap as well as make your vehicles more aggressive-looking. In addition to improving handling characteristics, they increase traction, which results in improved performance.
Rather than using lower grade aluminum, the spacers are CNC-machined from aerospace billet aluminum which undergoes anodizing to prevent corrosion and rusting.
With precision machined nut or stud threads, the studs are even better than OEM bolts due to their heat-treated 10.9 grade carbon steel construction.
This wheel spacer is compatible with several models. RockTrix 4pc Wheel Spacers are compatible with old and new models such as 1980-1996 F-150, Ford 1980-1983 F-100, 1980-1983 E-100 Econoline, 1992-2002 E-150 Econoline, 2003-2006 E-150, and 1980-1986 Bronco.
They also support dodge 1986-1993 Ramcharger, 1996-2001 Ram 1500 and 1994-2001 Ram 1500 van.
The compatible list is not over here. You also found it suitable for Jeep 1966-1975 CJ6, 1960-1983 CJ5, 1976-1986 CJ7 and 1981-1985 Scrambler.
Note: It is important that you re-torque your hardware after 25-50 miles.
What I like:
- Wheel spacers fit several models
- High grade carbon steel nuts/studs
- Can fix clearance issues with shocks or brakes
What I don’t like:
- Need to hire trained technician
Buying Guide for Best Wheel Spacers for Dodge Ram 1500
Here are some numbers that you can use to determine if a certain spacer will fit on your car or truck:
The first thing you should look for when buying wheel spacers is whether or not they are compatible with your car, truck or SUV. Many manufacturers list the make and model in their product description, follow them carefully.
2) Bolt Pattern:
Check the bolt pattern of your vehicle to ensure that it matches the spacer’s fit. A wheel must have a larger center hole to use a spacer with a smaller bolt pattern. On the other hand, you can’t use a spacer with a smaller hole for bigger bolts.
Spacers come in different thickness and size. The thicker and bigger the spacer, the stronger it will be. You can opt for thinner or smaller spacers if you want a more subtle look for your car.
4) Thread size:
Most spacers come with the same thread size. However, some manufacturers offer different thread sizes for specific vehicles. So, check your car’s thread size before buying a spacer.
5) Center pitch:
Check the center pitch of your vehicle’s bolt pattern. The center pitch will determine whether or not you can install a spacer on your ride with the help of an adapter.
6) Wheel mounting surface:
Some spacers feature protrusion beyond their centers which prevents them from touching the hub assembly. If you want to use such spacers with brake calipers, hub bearings or brake shields you’ll have to find ones with extra clearance.
7) Wheel stud location:
Spacers might not work well with some types of wheel studs. While some spacers are compatible with most studs, others can only be installed on specific models.
8) Spoke design:
Some spacers are designed to go with classic spoke wheels. If you have such a wheel, check its center hole size before buying a spacer for your car.
You can find spacers made of aluminum, steel, plastic or alloy. These are all good for different reasons. Aluminum is lightweight but not that durable. Steel is durable but heavy. Plastic spacers are long-lasting and easy to install, but they’re not as strong as steel ones. Alloy spacers are hard yet lighter than other materials. You can use them for different applications as well.
10) Wheel Spacer Types:
There are several types of wheel spacers available, and each type is designed for specific vehicles. The most common types include:
- Post style: This spacer features a large center hole with small bolt holes on both sides. It’s suitable for old cars with small hubs.
- Bolt-on type: This mount has bolt holes on the center of each end. It features an outer lip on one side to fit larger center holes on wheels with smaller hubs.
- Slip on type: Slip on spacers use bolts to hold them in place, but since they don’t attach directly to the hub, you can adjust their position as needed.
- Hubcentric spacers: This spacer is designed for new cars. It fits directly on your hub assembly and prevents your wheels from wobbling.
- Shim style: This spacer is placed on the wheel to fill the gap between it and the hub assembly. It’s easy to install but doesn’t offer any protection against rust.
- Flanged spacers: These are more rigid than shim types, so they’re used for high-performance applications. They’re available in different sizes and shapes to fit your needs.
11) Coated or Non-coated:
Wheel spacers with a non-coated finish will corrode easily. It’s recommended that you buy a product with a black powder coating on it because this type of coating prevents corrosion from taking place on your spacer.
12) Ease of Installation:
You should also consider looking at the instructions of the product you want to buy. Usually, instructions will give you step by step instructions on how to install your spacers correctly.
13) Brand: Chose from top brands
You can’t go wrong with choosing one of the most trusted brands in the automotive industry. Some recommended wheel spacers to look into are Supreme Suspensions, DCVAMOUS, Flycle, Richeer, and RockTrix.
14) Additional Hardware:
Every wheel spacer requires extra hardware to fit your vehicle so pay attention to this detail before buying one.
Before you buy the spacers, it’s a good idea to consider looking for products that come with a warranty. If you encounter any problems and need help replacing your spacer, you’ll be glad if you had purchased one with a warranty.
The last thing to consider is your budget. The cost of wheel spacers varies depending on the design, quality and type of material used to make them. You can buy a set of four made from high quality steel or aluminum alloy. Choose a spacer within your price range to avoid unnecessary expenses.
How to Measure for Wheel Spacers by using washers?
1. Locate the center of each bolt or stud on your vehicle and align it with the center mark made on the washers.
2. Screw a nut onto each bolt or stud until it reaches just below the top surface of the washer and then put another one on top of each washer (40 or 50, depending on how large the bolt or studs are). Now take off each nut one by one, starting with the lowest.
3. Lay out all of your washers so they fit around each wheel bolt or wheel stud and carefully slide them down until you have them in position without pinching any other washers between two bolts or studs.
4. Tighten the nuts on each bolt or stud until they are all in place.
5. The wheel spacers are now in position; you can mount your wheels again and begin tightening all of the bolts or studs until they are well seated.
6. Remove the center caps from your wheels and then apply a thin layer of high-temperature sealant on the threads of your bolts or studs. This will prevent any leaks from taking place in the future.
7. Replace your center caps and you’re ready to go.
How to Remove Wheel Spacers on a Ram 1500?
If you have a set of wheel spacers on your Ram 1500 and it’s time to remove them, here is the best way to do it:
Preparing for Removal:
First, make sure both wheels are off the ground and then chock your front tires. Also, leave your steering wheel straight. If you’re going to remove the right wheel, remove the left one.
Starting from the rear:
If you’re going to start on the rear axle, disconnect your parking brake so it’s easier to turn your wheels. If you want a better view of how your hardware is mounted, remove the plastic cap covering it and slide back the dust boot. Then use a pry bar to remove the dust cover.
Use a 15/16″ socket or wrench to loosen and remove your wheel studs. Also, you should have another person behind the vehicle apply the brake pedal so it holds the brakes on while you are working on them. This way, they won’t fall out when your vehicle is jacked up.
Use a torque wrench or other tools to remove the fasteners that are holding your wheel spacer in place.
After Removing Fasteners:
Once you have unbolted your wheel spacers, carefully pull them off so you don’t damage either of your wheels. Also, make sure to remove any loose hardware on or around your hub before removing the spacers.
To re-install your wheel spacers, make sure to use brand new hardware and tighten them securely. Then reconnect your parking brake cable, torque it down properly and slide back the dust boot. Be careful not to snap this part when you put it back on your rear axle. Lastly, lower your vehicle and remove your jack stands and chocks.
What Causes Wheel Spacers to Fail?
One of the most common causes of early failure for wheel spacers is incorrect installation. You can tell if this has occurred by measuring your wheels. Make sure all mounting surfaces are clean.
A good idea would be to use an abrasive cleaner before installing. You should never use a penetrant to help the studs go in. They are not meant for this type of application.
Materials weren’t right:
In some cases, wheel spacers can fail because they were not made out of the right materials or don’t meet specifications.
If you’re looking to buy spacers made out of billet aluminum, it’s important that you buy them from a reputable manufacturer.
Don’t wait until the spacers have been used for five years to start noticing cracks and other signs of wear.
When is it Time to Replace Your Wheel Spacers?
If your wheel spacers have been on your Ram 1500 for a long time, you might be wondering when it’s time to replace them. A wheel spacer can be damaged in several ways including:
Studs are bent or broken:
This usually happens because the wheels weren’t properly put back on after tire rotations or you hit something hard like a curb or pothole. Sometimes, if one of them is damaged it can cause other studs to bend as well.
Wear and tear on surfaces:
Surfaces can be damaged by impacts or heavy wear and tear. If the bolt holes are ovaled out or have sharp edges, they need to be replaced.
Color damage from heat exposure:
Excessive heat can cause the color to change and the metal underneath could start rusting.
It can result in loose hardware that needs tightening or repacking with grease. If any of these problems occur and you don’t replace your spacer, you’ll run into bigger problems in the future like:
- Missing studs can lead to tire damage, impacts and vibrations.
- Damage to your brake drums, rotors and calipers.
- Broken spacers can result in tire damage because.
Just remember that a small investment now can save you from expensive repairs in the future.
How Do Wheel Spacers Work?
Wheel spacers work as an extension of the wheel hub to which lug nuts are attached. The wheel hub is what attaches your wheels to your car, truck or SUV so it’s vital that they be tightened securely.
The metal sleeves of the wheel spacer are bolted onto the car’s existing studs and hubs so you can use them to attach your wheels.
In essence, a wheel spacer helps you make the existing studs on your vehicle longer so even if your wheels are thick or have large brake calipers, they should fit nicely onto them.
Are wheel spacers bad for trucks?
Answer: Standard wheel spacers can be very bad for trucks because they cause the tires to rub against your vehicle and it could lead to expensive damage. There are custom-made wheel spacers available but it’s important that you consult an expert before buying one so you won’t have any problems installing them later on.
What is the best wheel spacer size?
Answer: It depends on your vehicle’s bolt pattern. Common wheel spacers are 2 x 100mm but there are also other options available depending on your custom needs.
This is why it’s important that you ask an expert or consult the owner’s manual of your car before buying one to avoid any damage or problems in the future.
What is the best material for spacers?
Answer: Aluminum is the best material for spacers. Aluminum can be strong enough for years without requiring replacement or repair. It’s also light which is perfect for racing vehicles but it’s not very affordable.
What lug pattern is a 2020 Ram 1500?
Answer: 2020 Ram 1500 uses a bolt pattern of 5 x 120mm.
Do spacers affect your alignment?
Answer: Spacers do not affect your camber and will not cause any additional wear to the suspension components, because they provide a constant and compressive load on the bearings.
However, if you have an alignment that is already less than ideal then spacers will probably exacerbate this problem. If your car pulls to one side under power, then the issue could be either wheel/tire imbalance or improperly set up suspension geometry (perhaps from excessive camber at the front).
How long should spacers stay in?
Answer: It is estimated that a spacer in a car can stay between teeth for up to two weeks before moving the teeth apart slowly until they are up to the correct distance.
Wheel spacers are very useful accessories that anyone who owns a vehicle should have.
Always remember that the main goal is to improve your ride’s performance and not just update its looks. I only recommend products with the high build quality, so keep this in mind while shopping around.