The popularity of the Toyota Tundra has spiked significantly in recent years. That became possible due to offering serious towing, excellent efficiency, flexible cabin space, and so on. Also, its off-road riding facilitates the adventure lover significantly.
Sad to say, simply the brand new Tundra can’t give you better service in the dirt and gravel. That’s why it’s better to install a larger tire. But, how could you install a larger tire? Well, the best lift kit is the primary tool to do that. So, to choose the best one, let’s read Toyota tundra lift kit review.
Herein I try to pick some best products in this arena and enlist all the essential information. Not only that, but we also discuss how to lift a Toyota tundra. Hopefully, this comprehensive guide will be a great helping hand.
Our Recommended 5 Toyota Tundra Lift Kit
- Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for 1999-2006 Toyota Tundra
- ReadyLift 69-5276 3″F / 2″R SST Lift Kit
- Dynofit 3 Inch Front Lift Spacers and 2 Inch Rear Lift Blocks Suspension Lift Kits Set with U Bolts
- Rough Country 3.5″ Lift Kit (fits) 2007-2020 Tundra
- ZY WHEEL 2″ Rear Leveling Lift Kit Block with U Bolts
Top 5 Best Tundra Lift Kit
1. Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for 1999-2006 Toyota Tundra
Hopefully, you have a Toyota Tundra (2WD 4WD) and are looking for a perfect kit that fits with its larger wheels. Well, my selected tailored kit is made especially to fulfill your desire. Let’s see what you will get from this lift kit.
Features At a glance:
My selected full lift kit is made by Supreme Suspensions, which is famous for producing top-quality parts. Behind the manufacturing, the top-quality engineers work to make this kit innovative and corrosion-resistant.
Plus, this kit’s rear blocks and front strut spacers are precision machined. The precision machined typically used in the latest metal fabrication technology. Hopefully, you can tension-freely install it on your vehicle.
The manufacturer used T6 aircraft-grade aluminum as the material, which ensures this lift kit’s excellent strength-to-weight ratio and makes it corrosion resistant.
Another blissful feature is an anodized coating which will help this lift kit withstand extreme riding conditions or most excessive loads. One point worth noting is it can withstand not less than 35,000 psi.
One-piece CNC Formed steel Blocks
The manufacturer uses one-piece steel to make the blocks. Plus, here used fillet welding processes and heavy-duty GMAW seam, which make it superior to other blocks of four sides welding.
On the rear block side, the manufacturer uses a ¼ inch thick CNC Plasma Cut Center Support Structure and one Reinforced Center Pin to ensure stability, easy installation, and perfect firment.
Another construction material is Built-In Tapper which is used to preserve stock ride quality and optimize Pinion Angles.
This kit set offers a set of newly designed U-bolts that are coated with zinc phosphate. That new construction hopefully meets the highest quality control standards.
Interestingly, the manufacturer conducted ASTM B117 testing, which ensured that my selected U-bolts offer corrosion resistance more than five times than the zinc plating U-bolts. As a safety measure, these U-bolts will help you in the following ways.
- In the spring assembly, the useful clamping force will be restored.
- The leaf spring packs flexing will be eliminated.
- What type of spring stiffness do you want for your vehicle? These U-bolt will offer those.
What I like most:
- The installation demands 3 to 6 hours without using any unique tool.
- After installing, your vehicle’s look and ground clearances will be improved.
- This lift kit lets you attach large-size custom tires and rims.
- You can’t use it with Rock Warrior models and TRD suspension.
2. ReadyLift 69-5276 3″F / 2″R SST Lift Kit
Although all the new trucks from the factory offer the same design and look, but, you can bring little changes to make it different. So, what tools can you use for that? For you, I bring ReadyLift 69-5276 3″ F / 2 “R SST Lift Kit. Let’s reveal the features of this lift kit.
Engineered to lift the truck
If you want an original mild lift solution, my 2nd pick could be your perfect choice. This lift kit is specially made for the front lift here includes a spacer and rear lift block.
Interestingly, you can lift your truck’s front by 2.5″ and 4″. With that height, you can attach a larger size tire like a plus-1. So, imagine how it looks, hopefully, better.
The manufacturer uses powder-coated steel to make strut extensions. With that strut extension and diff drop bucket, you can lift your truck’s front suspension by 3-inches. Herein, the OEM safe suspension geometry will be retained.
While installing, you don’t need to encounter complexity. You can remain safe from cutting, pre-loading strut spring; instead, you can safely and quickly install using the manufacturer-provided hardware.
The manual offers step-by-step instructions with each kit. Also, you can remove it whenever you want.
- The manufacturer provides step-by-step instructions to make the installation easy.
- The lifting height is perfect for attaching a larger size tire like a plus-1.
- The road noise will decrease slightly.
- This kit lets you install a larger kit.
- You don’t need to cut or mod anything.
- You can’t install this kit with the skid plate that comes as an accessory.
3. Dynofit 3 Inch Front Lift Spacers and 2 Inch Rear Lift Blocks Suspension Lift Kits Set with U Bolts
My 3rd pick comes with some blissful features that bring a good amount of customer reviews for this lift kit. Let’s see what those features are.
All the used materials are marked as premium. To construct, here used forged aircraft billet aluminum T6 treated. Moreover, great bolts are 10.9-12.9. Though the primary material is iron, you may have a fear of corrosion. Don’t worry, my selected lift kit offers a black anodized surface which makes this lift kit corrosion-resistance.
Do you want to reduce the chances of nose drive or crash on the hilly road? This lift kit set offers front lift spacers that can be used as polyurethane spacers or steel to elevate your vehicle’s front height.
If you like to increase the rear site, the 2nd item, named the rear lift, will help you. Hopefully, you want that all the items are tightened securely. For you, this kit set includes extended u-bolts.
- The installation is relatively easy. All you need is just 1 to 2 hours without using any special tools.
- The premium quality material will help you in good ground balance.
- To keep you tension-free, this lift kit offers two years of warranty.
- This lift kit isn’t recommended for off-road.
4. Rough Country 3.5″ Lift Kit (fits) 2007-2020 Tundra
Do you want an aggressive look of your Tundra by achieving a 3.5-inch raise? I hope that my picked Rough Country 3.5″ Lift Kit could be an excellent option. Let’s see what amenities you will get from this lift kit.
The manufacturer tries to ensure more effortless alignment adjustment by offering a high-quality tubular Upper Control Arms design. Also, that design will make the ball-joint compatible to give an improved and more excellent range of motion without facing more wear and tear and stress.
Moreover, its internal floating piston design offers a lightning-fast reaction without causing damage to components, noise efficiency, and vibrations.
So, what about the durability? Well, the manufacturer makes this kit sturdy using Clevite rubber bushing. Only the durable material won’t keep you tension-free for a long time; instead, you will find a lifetime replacement warranty here.
After buying this lift kit, you will find here everything for the front and rear section to fulfill your needs. Plus, the installation process is more straightforward when you compare it with other lift kits. So, how easy is it to install this kit?
Well, the bolt-on installation process doesn’t demand any cutting or drilling. This lift kit package doesn’t provide any unique tool, don’t worry, just take your home garage tools and use them simply while installing.
- The offered items will increase your vehicle’s ground clearance.
- After installing, your vehicle’s on, and off-road performance will be improved with its premium N3 Coil Spring Struts.
- This kit offers a lifetime replacement warranty to keep your lifetime tension-free, but the Struts and Shocks have three years.
A little bit expensive.
Similar to my selected previous lift kit, this kit is also helpful to give an aggressive look to your Toyota Tundra by lifting the rear wheels by 2-inches. However, let’s reveal the behind hacks of this lift kit.
The manufacturer uses seamless welding, which is more robust than others. Not only powerful, but also it makes your vehicle’s appearance perfect, not ugly.
Longer U Bolt
You will find a more extended U Bolt size like 10.24inch. Hopefully, it will give you a secure installment.
If you have a fear of corrosion, don’t think about that because here include nuts with colored zinc.
- You don’t need strut or coil disassembly while installing. Interestingly, the installation requires 1 to 2 hours.
- For the larger tires and wheel, this lift kit offers additional fender clearance.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
- Due to the longer-size bolts, you may need to cut them after installation.
A Comprehensive Buying Guide for Toyota Tundra Lift Kit
First, you need to focus on the material of the lift kit. Typically, the manufacturer uses premium quality material such as aluminum.
If you manage the premium quality material, you don’t need to compromise with the performance.
Another interesting fact is the lift kit is a long-lasting item; some offer a lifetime warranty. Another material you can select for the lift kit is the cast iron. Cast iron is also considered suitable material for a lift kit.
The benefit of the premium material is splendid, like it won’t distort or wrap during stressful turns.
Nevertheless, if you buy unreliable and cheap material, it may ultimately come off or bend from your vehicle. Also, that may cause serious harm to your truck.
While installing a lift kit on your Toyota Tundra truck, you need some essential kit.
If the package doesn’t provide all your necessary items, you may need to source from the outside. That’s why it will be better if you check what items you will get in the package.
While choosing the lift kit, you must check whether it is compatible with your truck’s model. Here compatibility indicates you can perfectly install all the kits on your Tundra.
The incompatible lift kit, such as the loose kit, may come off while driving a truck. Nevertheless, the too-tight lift kit may cause severe damage to your truck’s tire.
Hopefully, you may get why you need to focus on compatibility. An incompatible lift kit can’t provide you with blissful service; instead, you waste your money and time.
After reading the above discussion, you may know the different lift kits come with different heights. For example, using a Toyota tundra 3 inch lift kit, you can raise your truck by 3″ whereas some lift kits will raise your truck by 2″.
Though the lift kit comes with different size heights, you may fall into a dilemma while choosing the right height. We will help you in this arena. Let’s see two other factors in determining the perfect height.
The first factor is your truck’s tire size. If your truck has a 33-inch tire, you had better install a lift kit that will help you to raise 2.5 to 3 inches. Otherwise, you can install a short height lift kit.
The 2nd factor that determines the selection is the user’s preference.
Some users install the lift kit to give an aggressive look to the truck. In that case, you need to depend on your preference. Although you prioritize your choice, but research before buying will help you significantly.
Another point worth noting is that some lift kits will help you raise only the rear, and some will help you only in the front, so check out before buying.
Installation! Honestly, a worthwhile feature to look at. If the lift kit is easy to install, hopefully, you can avoid seeking help. Some lift kits don’t require special tools and a professional’s hand during installation.
So, how can you get that information? Well, the manufacturer typically mentioned the installation process in the manual.
Some manuals have a step-by-step process. Soo, check out before buying. To remind you, if you cannot easily manage to install a lift kit, you have to spend too long a time or take a professional’s help.
Who doesn’t look durable while buying a lift kit? Choosing a durable lift kit is essential because it determines how long you get service from the lift kit. So, try to focus on the high-quality material.
Otherwise, you may face bends or come-off-related issues. Plus, the low-quality lift kit can’t give you blissful service; instead, you may need to compromise with the quality.
The last factor that demands attention is your living and driving area. Based on those factors, you have to decide which kit you choose for your truck.
Some lift kits aren’t ideal for off-roading.
If your lift kit can’t provide blissful service off-road, you may fall your truck at risk. So, look for the lift kit that offers blissful service for both on and off-road. The specification will clarify this query.
How to Install a Lift Kit on a Toyota Tundra?
Here is the Toyota Tundra lift kit installation process.
- Firstly, you need to raise your truck using a twin post lift. And then remove the center hub cap by removing the lug nuts. For that, you need to use a 22 millimeter socket to remove the wheel assembly.
- Secondly, take a 10 and 12 millimeter socket to disconnect the bumper apron from the belly pen.
- Then, disconnect the passenger side sway bar link and the driver side sway bar link.
- After that, making the location of the adjustment cam using a marker.
- Now, loosen the alignment cams and remove the shock and spring assembly and then you need to install the spacer with the spring assembly.
- After that, install the shock and spring assembly on the back of the truck and tighten it using a wrench.
- Now, you need to install the differential drop spacers. Note: If your truck is 2WD, you don’t need the spacer.
- After installing the spacers, now install the sway bar and the wheel.
- Similar to the front lift, you need to raise the truck using a twin post lift. Then remove all the U-Bolts
- Now, you need to lower the rear axle to install the lifting block. Note: Only three inches are perfect for installing.
- After installing the lifting block, now, you need to install the U-Bolts in the previous place.
- Now, align the shock absorber assembly and then install the bolt and nut.
- Finally, you need to tighten the fastener.
After sharing a comprehensive discussion, now I want to wrap up Toyota tundra lift kit reviews. Before leaving, hopefully, you got your query for which you came here.
To sum up, if you want a lift kit for both front and rear, you can choose Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for 1999-2006 Toyota Tundra, ReadyLift 69-5276 3″ F / 2 “R SST Lift Kit, Leveling Lift Kits for Tundra 2007-2021 2WD 4WD, etc.
On the other hand, if you intend to raise the rear wheel, you can choose ZY WHEEL 2″ Rear Leveling Lift Kit Block with U Bolts.
Last but not least, if you find this review beneficial, please share this with your friends and family.